Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A cup of tea and a slice of French toast

Way back in my textile design student days I was fortunate to undertake work experience at the now sadly departed Wardlaw Fabrics - the Australian reps of a host of prestigious International interior fabric and wallpaper companies including Designers Guild, Osborne and Little, Schumacher, Warner, and Pierre Frey. It was at this time that I fell in love with the crisp cotton fabrics and finely engraved print designs from the exquisite Pierre Frey collection. I still count the Pierre Frey 'Minton' archive tea cup fabric from the late 90's as one of my favourite textile designs of all time, and these new designs inspired by vintage ceramics and porcelain may have just become favourites too....


Tea-Time Glace






Macao Bleu de Chine


Macao Laque




Somehow I don't think the common 10-14 maximum colour / screen printing limitation is practised here!






Ming Fuschia


3 comments:

  1. Wow really good work , detail is amazing.
    Please keep in touch with us at http://www.webdesign-uk.org.uk/site/index_developer.php?slug=PrintDesign

    http ://www.webdesign-uk.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous15.4.12

    You are so right, this collection is just beautiful. I am also a textile designer and get so excited over gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, this collection is just beautiful. I am also a textile designer and get so excited over gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete